In the Art line we believe that learning and development happen when you as a student throw yourself into new things and dare to fail – learning by doing. Anders Reventlov, the main art teacher, guarantees an intensive and energetic guidance, that he assures will be also challenging, hard, exciting and fun.
The teaching is a mix of theory and practice. The practical is, besides introduction to the crafts, up to each individual student and the effort they put in – the more you work, the better guidance you can get and the more you can develop yourself artistically. As an important part of the teaching we take a look at the art world and all its aspects, from the non-commercial activist art forms to the commercial and curatorial art forms. Ongoing during the semester we will visit current exhibitions in Denmark and have visits from inspiring guest teachers from Denmark and abroad.
What you will experience during a semester in the art line:
– working with graffiti, painting, drawing, sculpture, video and installation art.
– what it means to work seriously/meaningfully and focused with art.
– to develop a project. From idea to finished work.
– to organize yourself as an artist.
– to curate and make exhibitions with all that entails, from project description to ready exhibition.
– to talk about and understand your own work.
– if you as a student have special wishes to apply to art academy in Denmark or abroad we will also help you in that direction.