If you want to focus on your music, compose and produce it on your computer, we recommend this course in electronic music at Jyderup Folk High School. Jyderup Electronic Music has three sound studios, dedicated teachers and ambitious fellow students. The surroundings are beautiful and perfect for profound work and redemptive breaks.
The program provides space for inspiration and immersion in your own practice and gives you the opportunity to find your expression. We take interest in each student, whether you just started making music or are an experienced musician, whatever music you are doing.
Come with your energy, your ideas and visions. We will get you started and support your further development.
Subjects on Jyderup Electronic Music:
- Music production with Ableton Live and Logic Pro: You learn how to use the programs, the built-in plugins and instruments, and learn about production techniques and tricks
- Studio Techniques: You learn various recording techniques as well as mixing and mastering your music
- Composition: You will be introduced to the art of composing. We challenge and guide you in both the artistic and technical aspects
- Live electronics: We play live on midi controllers, Kaoss Pads, running machines, analog effects and synthesizers
- Synthesizer: Say goodbye to presets, here you learn everything about synthesizer terminology and subtractive synthesis, FM, wavetables, modular synth and samplers
- The history of electronic music: Get an inspiring insight into the technological and artistic development of electronic music from the beginning to the present. We study the music methods of, among others, Karlheinz Stockhausen, Delia Derbyshire, Kraftwerk and Aphex Twin’s
- Music training: Learn about tones and rhythms, train your musical tools and get more insight and energy into your own music
- Individual project: Decide your own project with assistance, guidance and support from teachers and fellow students
- Arts and industry: We focus on topics like inspiration, creativity, motivation, empowerment, music industry and career